Thursday, September 22, 2005

Privileged

I guess I'm not aware of how blessed I am. I am 2041 miles away from home but I found Wal-Mart Supercenter. It's not a real Supercenter like we have back home. We have Wal-Marts from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Some small communities still have Wal-Mart Discount City on their sign. Those have been around a long time and have no hope of improvement because the community is so small. Then there are Wal-Marts that are newer and nicer and larger. Then there are the Supercenters like the one here. But then there are the stores built in ritzy parts of town. Yep, we have 'em all!

As I walk through the Supercenter here there are two women with a child. One woman says to the other, "Is this your first time in Wal-Mart?" It was. Her very first time.

Sometimes you don't realize how privileged you are until you meet someone less privileged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I followed the link... I'm here... What do I win? Best Buy Coupon, Or maybe a free trip to say Lake Tahoe?