Sunday, May 13, 2007

Unbelievable Experience

Every pastor enjoys baptizing new believers. I guess we should. I can’t imagine not enjoying it.

Today was kicked up a notch more. My youngest son, Riley, accepted Christ as Savior last Sunday night – my birthday. Today – Mothers Day – I baptized him.

I have baptized three couples. I have baptized older men whose wives had been praying for them for years. I’ve baptized children, teenagers, and young and old adults. I’ve enjoyed them all. It’s a special feeling to stand waist deep in water (sometimes warm, sometimes not!) with someone you’ve recently helped in the journey to Christ and share that moment.

For me, baptism has always been about celebration because someone has accepted Christ and is starting out on this fantastic journey. Today’s celebration was extra special.

No comments: