Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ekaterinburg, Russia

I spent fifteen days on a mission trip to Russia in February.  What a great experience!  There were four pastors that traveled to Ekaterinburg and surrounding cities to conduct Bible conferences.  During the four conferences we spoke to well over 300 believers.  What is so amazing is that there are only 840 believers in the entire state of Sverdlovskaya.  Can you imagine the effort it would take to speak to one-third of the believers in Arkansas?  What a privilege to speak with them and encourage them in their faith…which is a hard life in Russia.  Only one person out of two hundred is a believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

 

After I returned home I went to Lifeway Christian Stores and was talking about the trip with the sales person.  She asked, “Did it change your life forever?”

 

It did.  I’m ready to pack up and move my family over there but I still believe God has called me to preach right where I am.  What I will do is mobilize my church to partner with believers in Russia through prayer and financial support so that more and more people come to know Christ.  I hope to take some of my friends at Cross Road to Russia in the years to come.

No comments: