Thursday, October 09, 2008

Working Out

I’ve been working out for a week because the sleep doctor explained how apnea affects so much more than just my sleep. For me, aggressive weight loss should help address many problems. So I’m doing it.

I’ve been lifting weights. I’m told that ten pounds of muscle will burn one pound a week just because it’s there.

I’ve been walking or riding the bike. Aerobics are not as important at this point as losing weight but aerobics will help some and at least I’ll be in the habit.

I’ve been eating less. That’s the hard part. Do you know how easy it is to drive through the fast food restaurant on the way home from the gym?

I haven’t seriously tried to lose weight in about 17 years. I haven’t worked out with weights in 25 years. But I like it. So maybe I’ll stay with it.

No comments: