Friday, February 05, 2010

Podcasts

I’ve had my iPhone since September but have really just started using the iPod built into it. I registered to attend the Expository Preaching Conference held annually by Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (March 8-9 this year). I found the audio files of previous conferences on iTunes so I downloaded several and have been listening to some great preaching.

 

So that got me to thinking…What other preaching can I find on iTunes? I was amazed at how much is out there. I even started recording and posting my own sermons on the church’s website (www.crbclr.org/sermons) although I haven’t looked into what is necessary to post to iTunes. Anyway, I downloaded sermons from Liberty University’s chapel services last week and listened to them today while driving to the hospital and back home. One was a sermon by Mike Huckabee and the other by Charles Lowery. I was inspired by the messages and also happy to find a common thread in them so I posted two statements as my status updates on Facebook (www.facebook.com/bobloyd) and on Twitter (www.twitter.com/bobloyd).

 

Mike Huckabee said that life is perishable. You either give it away or you throw it away. You use it or lose it.

 

Charles Lowery said the life is short. It’s a quick trip from diapers to Depends.

 

Take advantage of every day and live it to the fullest giving glory to God in your words, thoughts, actions, and attitudes. Your relationships with Jesus and the people around you are the most important things in life.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I relly needed to read this today. Thanks for the great things you do as a pastor and a person.