Monday, February 06, 2017

Be Still and Know

One of the hardest things to do is be still. I'm constantly fidgeting even when it looks like I'm still. I generally don't move too far from the podium when I preach but look closely and you'll notice I shift weight from one foot to the other frequently. Even when I drive it seems I do the same thing because I weave. A lot. Ask the policemen who have stopped me over the years!

The Bible says to be still before the Lord and know that he is God. Often we are just too busy. The constant movement of our schedules and routines keeps us from really knowing God. We run to him when we are in trouble nut don't give him much attention otherwise.

I suggest that a little quiet and still time with the Lord on a regular basis equips us for the hectic times that certainly come. Maybe a few minutes being still before the Lord in the morning will help you deal with some chaos that comes later in the day.

Be still. Be quiet. Listen. Read his Word. Agree with him. Thank him and praise him.

No comments: