Sunday, April 02, 2006

48 Hours

I've been home from the hospital 48 hours. I still feel like a punching bag; a sleepy punching bag.

Dr. Rowen performed a mediastinoscopy to biopsy a lymph node. He told my wife that he was almost sure the problem is sarcoid. This is great news because the next most likely diagnosis is lymphoma. We'll know for sure early next week.

I first went to the doctor with this on January 23. There have been several trips to the doctor, xrays, a ct scan, a bronchoscopy, and a mediastinoscopy. I'm almost smart enough to be a doctor!

Rusty knew everything about his daughter's cancer. I thought that was a little strange. I understand now.

More than anything, I've been looking for God in all of this. I expected to learn something new about him and I'm not sure I have yet. I've learned much more patience and I learned about his provision. These things I've know before but I'm probably smarter about it now.

What I do know is that God is faithful.

No comments: