Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Kenny Bishop

I love Southern Gospel music. I've posted about it before so you can read about my love for it. I came across a website for Kenny Bishop (kennybishop.com) several months ago. Kenny is one of my favorite characters and singers. He, his brother, and their father were the Bishops for several years. I promoted them in Russellville back in the day. I drove many miles and paid many dollars to see them.

Then they just went away. Rumors swirled around the gospel music community; some of them must have been partially true. Mark (the brother) continued in SG music right away. Dad stayed home. Kenny went into politics. Now he's back.

I was reading another SG website a couple of days ago and came across a link to his website. I hadn't really thought about him since I first found his sight months ago. But I went back to it out of curiousity. I listened to the MP3 files from his new album...absolutely great. So I headed to Lifeway to make my purchase.

I listened to it today and will again tomorrow. It's a wonderful collection of songs about grace, mercy, forgiveness, repentance... Sounds like he's come full circle and I am glad for that. I would love to have him come to my church; I've already started working on that.

No comments: