Tuesday, February 13, 2007

God Always Cares

I just completed reading the book of Exodus this morning.  In 1:8 we are told that the king of Egypt did not know Joseph – or his fathers or God’s promises to them.  In 2:24 we are told that God heard the Hebrews’ cries from oppression – and that God remembered (not that he had ever forgotten) his promises to the Hebrew people.

Then God called Moses to go to Pharaoh, the Hebrews finally make a run for the border, God dries a path through the Red Sea, the Ten Commandments, periods of rebellion, the details of the tabernacle.

Fast forward to chapter 40.  God filled the tabernacle with his presence as a cloud and led them.

I’m encouraged in my daily walk with Christ to know that God is with me from beginning to end just like he was with the Hebrews on every page of the book of Exodus.  He is ever-present and cares enough to guide me, too.

No comments: