Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wipeout

I’m watching the TV show called Wipeout on ABC. I’ve seen the commercials but this is the first episode I’ve seen. So funny! People go through obstacle courses and most of them end up in the mud or water several times. There’s no way I could do it!

 

Real life is hard, too. Lots of obstacles and enemies trying to knock us off course and into the mud. But it’s not a game. It’s real. Satan is roaming the earth looking for those he can devour. And he’s good at it. He attacks us at home or at work, at school or with our friends. Too many Christians take hard shots every day.

 

So what’s the answer? The apostle Peter wrote that we have to be alert, look to the example of other believers, and trust the Lord. Those are not the easiest steps to take but they are guaranteed. I don’t understand why we want to try something easier or shortcut the truth. Try the right way instead of the shortcuts.

No comments: