Friday, April 09, 2010

Baseball

I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. I haven’t watched any Major League Baseball yet and we are almost a full week into the season! I must be sick!

I do know that Cincinnati lost their first game and that they had win last night with a walk-off HR. Not sure about much else.

But I’ve been watching the Red Roc Rockets 10-and-under team play. Last night’s game was exciting. The Rockets won 13-10. Joe was the winning pitcher and Riley picked up a save. Riley hit an inside-the-park homerun – really, with no errors. Zac hit a triple down the first base line. Teal and Jake were two of several players who got hits or walks and stole 2nd and/or 3rd. We even had a few steal home on wild pitches.

Defensively, Nick made a couple of plays at second, Jake was solid at short stop, and Isaac and Joe kept the ball in front of them most of the time at catcher. Dakota made some good plays in center. He and Riley did a good job getting the outs at first.

I’m looking forward to more of the Rockets. Hope to see some Reds games. Maybe get to an MLB park once this summer. Baseball is here and I’m loving it!

No comments: