Friday, September 03, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend marks the end of Summer for many people. For me, it marks the beginning of Fall. Yes, I am aware that Fall doesn’t officially come til September 21, but the Summer routines are behind us and the Fall routines are here. Personally, I’m glad.

I don’t do well in hot weather. I sweat too much. “Not much for a fat guy” is what a friend actually told me once. Too much for anybody, I think.

I prefer lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s. Perfect weather! Too bad I can’t order up a perfect day every day.

One day everything will be perfect…every day. I’m looking forward to Fall and Winter but not as much as I’m looking forward to Heaven. The Bible tells us a little about it but only a little. Folks like to speculate but nobody really knows. It is beyond our imagination. I had a fortune cookie that told me I have an active mind and a keen imagination. Still, I can’t imagine what Heaven will be like. But I’m looking forward to it. And I’m ready for it.

I hope you are, too. Getting ready for Heaven requires accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.

Do you know that you are a sinner? We all are so you might as well admit it. More importantly, God knows.

And God did something about you sin (which would keep you away from God). Jesus Christ – God’s son, God himself – died on the cross paying the penalty for your sins. Do you believe that? I mean believe it so that it drives who you are?

If you will confess (or proclaim) that Jesus is your Lord and commit to live your life his way and for his glory, you’ll be ready for Heaven.

In Christian-ese, we call that “being saved.” I hope you are ready for Heaven. Let me know if you’d like to talk about it.

No comments: