Monday, February 27, 2012

Emotional Roller Coaster

Can I open up to you? Today has been a roller coaster ride for my emotions. Most of you never see me really excited or really down. It's my personality to try to keep an even keel emotionally. The problem with that is every once in a while my emotions overcome me and I throw a fit. That's not good, I know. Maybe I can minimize or eliminate those times.

But today is not one of those times. It's a different kind of emotional turmoil. Today started out pretty good as I considered some of the things I've accomplished over the last few days. Church things. Family things. Overall, I felt good about it all.

Then I got some news that turned my thoughts. I'm concerned about something - I can't tell any details - going on in my circle. It creates a ripple in my plans but I'm more concerned about some folks that I care about. I'm struggling with my responsibility, not for the problem but for the solution.

I used to watch boxing back in the 70s and 80s when Ali and Leonard were the stars. I'd see an opponent take a shot to the abdomen and crumble to his knees.

That's kinda how I feel today. While I'm on my knees I'm going to pray. Praying for the people involved. Praying for me to know what to say and do. Praying for God's grace to win the day.

OK, I feel a little better now. I just needed to talk. Thanks for listening. I'm gonna go pray now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna pray too!
Deana