Monday, March 19, 2012

Make Preparation Today!

As I read the Bible this morning, this passage jumped off the page for me. It speaks of faith, hope, obedience, and optimism.

Joshua told the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.” (Joshua 3:5)

So I asked myself, "Do I prepare today for God's blessings tomorrow?" my honest answer is, "Not always."

God is always up to something. His plans for tomorrow must be amazing. Will you be ready? Or will your lack of preparation today impact the reality of tomorrow?

I wonder how my lack of consecration yesterday will impact today. Think about what amazing act of God you could be missing right now because you didn't focus on the Lord yesterday.

That thought makes me want to consecrate myself to the Lord today in preparation for amazing things tomorrow.

No comments: