Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Perfect Day

Today is a perfect day. The temperature was in the mid-30s when I ran this morning. The high this afternoon will be in the mid-50s. I'd say that's as good as it gets! I'll take 300 days a year like this and split the rest evenly between warmer and colder by 20 degrees.

What makes today even more perfect is that the sky is crystal clear; almost white on the horizon and gorgeous blue up top.

And baseball is in the air! The way I see it, any day with baseball is a great day! MLB Spring Training is underway. Will someone please give me two weeks at the Reds Spring Training Camp as a Christmas gift soon?

Riley had try-outs for a new ballpark Saturday. I couldn't be there because of church-related work. Not being there was hard but probably was a good thing. He would have felt more pressure knowing I was watching. Instead, he was loosy-goosy and did great. Deana said he hit the ball really well and only made a couple of mistakes fielding. He actually overthrew to first base a couple of times. He's played first base for six years so he never has to make many throws. At least he overthrew the ball so he showed a good arm.

I saw a tweet from the local college baseball team's coach that they play today at 3:00. I'm picking up Riley from school today so maybe we can head over there and watch the big boys play. Clear skies, 54 degrees, and baseball. Yep, this is a perfect day.

Really, what makes it perfect is Jesus. I've spent time reading his word and praying to him. I'm about to dig in and study for this week's sermons. I am aware of his presence by the way he's answered prayer and brought great thoughts to mind. Like baseball with my family on one of the perfect days he's created.

It's a perfect day because I am not alone. Jesus is with me. His Spirit guides me. I will enjoy the day and give him glory.

No comments: