Friday, May 22, 2015

Features and Benefits

I am looking to buy a new DSLR. Mine is this first generation Canon Rebel. Yes, it's old! And the computer on it is bad.

So I'm in the nice camera shop in town talking with a 10-year veteran of camera sales. He's pointing out feature after feature. I think that this sounds a lot like an iPhone camera.

iPhone cameras are pretty nifty but I want a DSLR because of what it can do that a phone cannot. And for the commission he could have earned I would figure he would sell me on the differences and advantages rather than the similarities.

I could have shopped online or at a box store and learned as much. Or more.

I wonder if our Christian witness is like that. Jesus is the one true God. There is none like him. He is the only way to salvation. His is the name with the power to save.

The Christian life is more than a new and improved version of what you have now. There really is no comparison. So do the people around you get that? Are you living and telling a testimony true to the Savior?

If people are getting more information about Jesus from sources other than those who are called to bear witness to the truth, we Christians aren't doing our jobs.

No comments: