Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm Always Right

Except for that one time when I thought I was wrong but was right all the time.

Then there was that time...no, I was right then, too.

I just asked Deana to help me with times I was wrong. She said, "Oh there are so many." "Well, name one," I said. "I can't really think of anything." YES!!

The only other time I can think of when I was wrong was today. We have DirecTV with local channels. Last April we lost the local channels. All the other signals were strong, but no local channels.

I called DTV a few times and they insisted it was either: 1.) tree limbs or 2.) a bad LNB. They offered a service call for $70.

I tried all the tests and determined it must be the LNB. A nieghbor's tree was a little in the way but I didn't think it would be a problem. But I decided to use rabbit ears for local channels and wait until the leaves fell from the tree. So, in mid-November still no local channels.

I finally broke down and called for the $70 service charge. Not only am I always right, but I'm a tightwad, too.

Harvey just left. And he's a miracle worker. Turns out I was right, sorta. It was not the LNB. It was a tree. But not the neighbor's tree. It was a tree in OUR yard! Harvey dug up the pole on which the satellite was mounted and moved it over, replanted it and remounted the dish. It was a modern miracle. Next, I'll move the rabbit ears so they won't mess up the landscape on top of the entertainment center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am commenting on ALL of the above
and others I have read.
You express yourself in a "mind-catching way", have you ever
considered writing....encouraging
others or facts or fiction or
books of children. You never know
you might just be another Max Lucado.