Monday, March 13, 2006

One More Day to Pray

"Do not be anxious about anything," the Bible says. OK. How about anticipatory? Antsy?

The bronchoscopy is delayed until Wednesday morning. 24 hours. 1,440 minutes. 86,400 seconds. I guess I'm a little anxious!

The reason? Something came up and the doctor needed to move the appointment. Could I get away with that? "Hello, doctor? This is Bob and, well, something has come up and, well, uh, I'm moving the appointment. I'll be in the next day." I'm not irritated about that. I understand that I'm being worked into his schedule because of the possible severity of my condition. A regular situation would have resulted in an appointment being set a couple of weeks away. So, one day is really no big deal. I assume that someone came to him with a much more obviously severe situation than mine. I gladly give up my spot to that person.

It's just the idea of having to wait. My family practice doctor is playing it safe by saying it's probably Sarcoid but could be Lymphoma. Then he goes on to tell me that there's also a chance that he'll have a bike wreck and crack his skull or a chance that I'll have a wreck on the way home from the doctor's office. But just in case it is lymphoma, he has to play it safe.

A couple of weeks ago I was thinking it was the worst case scenario: cancer. Now I'm feeling like it's Sarcoid. BUT I NEED TO KNOW!

And I will know either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. Of course, that could have been Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday...but we rescheduled.

"Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6.

I guess the doctor just gave me one more day to pray. I'm doing very well, by the way, praying for and trusting God's will.

No comments: