Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Every day this week is a unique experience. Riley is out of school all week for Thanksgiving. So we are watching a bunch of Nick and Disney shows. Those of you with kids or grandkids about 9 years old know what I'm talking about!
Then he gets tired of that and plays Wii. Then he gets tired of that and…
But I'm glad he's home and I can be with him. Not many dads get that chance. I didn't get it with my older boys.
So this Thanksgiving I'm thankful for my boys. Jim is 26 and is married to Ashley. He lives in Conway and teaches music in one of the middle schools. He's a good guy.
Caleb is 24. He lives in Bentonville and works at Best Buy in Rogers. He's a sharp guy who's making a good way for himself.
Riley is 9, lives at home, and is in 4th grade at Arkansas Baptist Elementary School. He's a good kid and will be a good man, too.
We don't get to spend holidays together but I'm thankful for them. And I love them.
Enjoy the unique experiences with your children. They'll be grown and gone before you know it. But that's just a chance to enjoy more unique experiences. Don't ever stop being their dad. They may not know it or admit it, but they need it as much as you do.

No comments: