Thursday, November 11, 2010

A week in Alaska

Everybody ought to have the chance to do what I've just done. Spend a week in Alaska with Christian people who are excited about what God is doing through their church.

Alaska is a beautiful place. Even though most of the days were either snowy or overcast, the natural beauty is breath-taking. Just knowing that even more amazing scenic views are behind the clouds and under the snow makes me want to come back. I hope to come back with family and friends.

If/when I do, I'll make it a point to meet up with Scott Coffman and the folks at College Heights Baptist Church. We formed friendships this week that I know will endure time and distance. With email, skype, facebook, and other wonders of technology that we have these days, keeping in touch will only be hindered by our lack of desire. Lord, help me stay in touch with these wonderful Christians.

So, I'm packing up and heading home later tonight. Catching the redeye to Houston. Then on to Little Rock by 2:00 tomorrow. I'm thankful for the trip, the sights, the people, and the experience. And I'm ready to get home to my family and my church.

No comments: