Monday, August 27, 2012

Coffee, the Word, and Tunes

This has been a good morning. The weather has been nice. The house is quiet. The coffee was aromatic and tasty. The Bible challenged me. The songs helped me express my worship. I've neglected spending a lengthy time in this setting. Not sure why but my quiet time is often rushed, short, shallow. I don't like it like that. It's better like it's been this morning.

Your schedule may be more crammed than mine but I know that spending time with the Lord ALWAYS makes the day better. Let's say that you jump out of bed, hit the showers, feed the kids, get everyone off or delivered to their place for the day, drive through Starbucks for a shot of caffeine, rush to work just in time, then rewind all that eight hours later. Where's the time to have a quiet time?

A book is titled, "Too Busy Not to Pray." I think we can expand that idea to "Too Busy Not to Have a Quiet Time." Prayer and Bible study, time alone with God, is essential. What happens if your schedule gets one hiccup? That messes up everything! Doesn't it make sense that spending a little time with the Lord might help?

Here's how. First, he may keep your path smooth ahead of you so you get to all your stops today. Second, he may give you patience to deal with the delays when you hit the bumps. Third, he may have taught you something this morning that will help you be gracious to those who mess up your plans. I can think of many reasons I should reserve time for Jesus before I get started with the day.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the day and to tomorrow! This is the day the Lord has made. Let's rejoice and be glad in it...even if it's Monday.

No comments: