Thursday, October 08, 2015

For All Us Progidals

A few years ago I was at Cracker Barrel for breakfast with some minister friends. The store always has music playing that, of course, you can buy.

A bluegrass gospel album was playing and I thought for sure it was Ricky Skaggs. I have a weakn so for his music going all the way back to the early 80s and "Highway 40 Blues." But it wasn't him; instead it was Dailey and Vincent. The song was "Living in the Kingdom of God."

So I bought the CD. I listen to it every once in a while now. Today was every once in a while. I like to play music while I brush my teeth and shave so I picked this album, "The Gospel Side of Dailey and Vincent."

Track 10 caught my attention in a special way today. The song is about a prodigal. You remember the story in the Bible, don't you?

A son took his inheritance and skipped town. He lived the high life in disrespect of his father.when the money ran out he realized what he had done. He wanted to go home but didn't know how his father would respond.

Listen to "Come Back to Me" and know that the story demonstrates God's love for his prodigal children like you and me.

No comments: