Wednesday, April 11, 2018

When Believers Pray

I have to share with you what God did over the last few days. Riley's truck is not new. OK, it's old. But he likes it and it is what we have. He needed front brakes and rotors so we took it to a trusted mechanic who has worked on this vehicle and others of ours.

After doing the brake job the mechanic took it for a spin. It overheated quickly. Pretty good leak in the coolant system. Pretty good bill, too. We had some money saved up so we spent it all on that. We rarely have money saved up so the timing was good.

But that wasn't the end of it. The engine was missing - not gone, but not running right. Cylinder 6 was the culprit. The mechanic discovered this at 6:00 Friday night so we left the truck there (we had come by to pick it up thinking the work was finished) and he would look at it Monday.

Possible solutions ranged from $50 to $1500. And we had just spent all we had.

We spent Friday night through Monday morning praying. We could pay the $50 bill but not much else. We asked others to pray with us. At church Sunday afternoon our pastor and his wife joined Deana and me for a prayer meeting. We needed God to do something.

So Monday comes and I expect a call fairly early giving me the news. No call. Finally, I called just before lunch. He said it wasn't either of the problems he would have guessed so he was still searching.

Monday afternoon I called again. He said he tweaked a thing or two and all is well. As well as a 20 year old truck can be, I guess.

No extra charge.

We needed God to either heal our truck or somehow get the work paid for. I don't know which happened - and I'm OK not knowing. But I do know that we needed God to do something and he did.

I will ever praise him because he met our need, and even more - he loves us enough to do it.

When believers pray...they are blessed.

No comments: