Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"Hi, Bob"

My computer died. It may or may not have been that sick but I am tired of living on the edge not knowing whether it will boot or not. At the moment it will NOT boot. Hopefully, Phillip can get my data off the hard drive.

I have a new HP notebook ordered. Maybe it will be here tomorrow. It's been over a week since my old one worked right. I'm having awful withdrawal symptoms. I guess you could say I'm a junkie.

OK. OK.

Hello. My name is Bob. I'm addicted to my computer.

"Hi, Bob."

Addictions are controlling features, really. Something has control of you and you can't do much about it. Drug addicts often have to experience an "intervention" to break free. Alcoholics slip into addiction without realizing it: they started drinking as a teenager because everyone else did and it turned into an addiction that often costs them their families and jobs.

If there is anything a person should be so connected with that everything they think or do revolves around this, it would be Jesus. I'm so thankful for my relationship with him; it radically affects every part of my life. Like my computer, he died. But he lives again!

Hello. My name is Bob. I'm addicted to Jesus.

"Hi, Bob."

No comments: