Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Obama's Speech

Have you read the text of the prepared remarks the President plans to give today? I did. It didn’t take long so everyone should read it. I think it’s a good speech and my child should hear it. The only disagreement I have is over the state of the environment. I don’t believe it is as fragile as the President does.

But the speech avoid politics and he certainly has the freedom and power to speak to children in the public schools. His influence upon the public schools in other ways should be of greater concern. I have a niece in private school. She won’t have to hear this speech unless her parents read it or show it to her. I have a similar choice: I can take my son out of school today. I will not do that given the prepared remarks I have read. I hope the President sticks to the teleprompter. And I hope there is no Q&A time allowing him to inject politics into the classroom.

I am praying for my son and others to hear a message of encouragement and responsibility that spurs them on to excellence. I’ll take care of teaching him morality and ethics, right and wrong.

No comments: