Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where were you on September 11, 2001?

It was just a few minutes after 8:00 A.M. and we began to get calls telling us what was happening across the northeast. I worked at ICT Group in Morrilton, Arkansas. ICT is a call center handling customer service calls for many of the nation’s leading mortgage companies. I was in a training class when I heard the news.

The rest of the day was different than previous days. While we tried to carry on as usual, that was impossible. The uncertainty bred a sense of fear throughout the building. Rumors about wars, rising gas prices, and the end of time spread quickly.

Many people – some Christians, some not – asked me if this was the beginning of the end. Is this Armageddon? These questions opened the door for me to share the gospel freely. I would respond that I didn’t know if this was the end of time but I did know how important it was to know for sure you were ready for it. I spoke freely of Jesus Christ and am thankful for the opportunity.

The quick, strong response by the United States under the direction of President George W. Bush restored order and kept us free and safe. The sacrifice of the US military personnel is heroic and the key to our success in the fight against terrorism. My prayers have been that God would bless each person responsible for the freedom, safety, and strength of the United States.

Many families will mourn tomorrow. They lost loved ones on 9/11 on American soil. They lost loved ones over the past 8 years overseas. We all must pray that God keeps his promises to comfort the sorrowful and punish the wicked.

No comments: