Thursday, April 12, 2012

Love God

The Great Commandment (as it is known) is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:30-31). I've been thinking about that lately and plan to preach a series of messages throughout May and June on how to live the crucified life. I think the Great Commandment is the key.

In Galatians 2:20 Paul wrote, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." We do not live for ourselves nor do we live apart from others. We live to glorify God and achieve his purposes. We live to impact the lives of those around us - to impact them for Christ.

I began the pastorate at Cross Road Baptist Church in November 2006. Immediately, I began to promote the theme of "Impacting Eternity at the Cross Road of Life." This series of messages will bring us back to that emphasis in a very practical way. Check back for weekly updates and thoughts on this blog. Sermon audio will be posted promptly here.

No comments: