Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Baseball is Back

If you know me or we are connected through social media or you just read my blog for the great insight, you know that I love baseball. I would have been a MLB star had I not taken a ground ball in the nose when I was about 10 years old. And if I hadn't been hit in the back by a wild pitch in Little League. And if I hadn't mis-judged the fly ball and had it hit me in the forehead. Just a little more speed, power, and coordination and I'd be the "Face of MLB."

To fill the void I've coached a little, played a little softball, gone to MLB and MiLB games, cheered from the stands of Tee-ball and Cal Ripken League and now Babe Ruth games, and logged thousands upon thousands of hours watching games on TV.

With all that baseball, I still get giddy when pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in early February; I still set aside time to read and watch games or highlights of the first game in Spring Training; I still consider Opening Day of the season one of the greatest days of the year; I still get a little sad when the final out of the last game of the World Series is recorded each year.

So strike up the band to play "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and update the iScore app on the iPad. It's time for baseball!

No comments: