Thursday, March 27, 2014

I Can't Imagine Our World Without God

Browsing Instagram this morning, I found this picture.


Here are the caption and some comments.


The comment from"concede" caught my attention: "Imagine our world without gods."

I suppose that's a reference to the Taliban acting out radical Islam. Perhaps this person thinks all gods are behind all evil. Maybe he thinks the one true God should be lumped together with them.

So what would a world without gods or God be like? I can only answer that through the Christian worldview I hold to.

Some might think the world would be a better place but I believe the world is only as good as it is because of God. The Bible teaches that God created the world, sustains the world, and gives purpose to the world.

Without God, the world would not exist.

Without God continuing to engage with the world, we would cease to exist.

Without God interacting with the world, we would have no purpose.

So, no, I can't imagine our world without God.

No comments: