Friday, March 19, 2010

March Madness

I’ve watched a few of the NCAA Tournament games yesterday and today. Upsets and OT are the headlines. I like watching the fans in the stands. Some are wearing their school’s colors. Some are waving banners and flags and posters. Some and just plain crazy – like the guys stripped down to their jeans and had their torsos painted. I saw a video on the local news last night about Arkansas Tech’s fan who wears a green spandex suit similar to Blue Man Crew – covered head to toe. He runs around the stands hyping up the crowd.

They love their teams and will do anything to show it.

I love Jesus but sometimes hold back from showing it. It’s not my personality to make a scene but surely I can be more demonstrative when it comes to praising God publicly. What about you?

“I am not ashamed of the gospel,
because it is the power of God
for the salvation of everyone who believes:
first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.”
(Romans 1:16 NIV)

No comments: