Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Morning

It’s my own fault.  I am responsible for it. I do it to myself.

Can’t remember the last time I actually had a day off with only R&R on the schedule. My work habits through the week always result in business to do on Friday and Saturday. I get everything done – mostly. I just have to take one or two extra days a week to get all my chores finished.

This week was a little different because I spent Monday and Tuesday at a conference in Fort Worth at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Much of what I do it worthwhile – like the conference. Just a few things that I need to cut out throughout the week so I’ll have a true day off.

So this Saturday morning is filled with stuff I have to get done by Sunday morning. I’ll break for Riley’s baseball practice, lunch with Deana & Riley, and a little SEC basketball.

It will be a full day but I really wouldn’t know what to do if it wasn’t. I don’t handle free or down time very well. I get restless. The spiritual discipline of being still is one I should practice and improve. “Be still and know that I am God.” Guess I can’t really know God unless I am still everyone once in a while!

No comments: