Friday, July 02, 2010

Rest for the Weary

June has become the most physically demanding month on the calendar for this pastor. And nobody is to blame but myself.

Our church is associated with the Pulaski Baptist Association. PBA hosts a Day Camp for 1st-6th graders each year in June. We are also a Southern Baptist Church and the annual meeting for the SBC is in June. Those events are scheduled well in advance and I want to participate in both.

But then I asked our Vacation Bible School director to move VBS from July (the traditional time for it at CRBC) to June because I think we’ll have better participation and impact. We’ve done this the past three years.

So June is jammed full. The only week not scheduled with an event is the first week of the month and school is not yet out by then.

Here I sit on July 2. VBS ended yesterday. A three-week run of physically demanding events is over. I’m tired.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)

No comments: