Wednesday, July 07, 2010

What Kind of Dad Am I?

I wonder sometimes what kind of Dad I am. I have three boys and I’ve never been fishing with them. One of the best memories I have of my dad is fishing with him below the dam on the Arkansas River at Dardanelle. Can I be a good dad and not go fishing with my boys?

Time lost is never regained. The years of being a non-custodial parent living at least 125 miles away have taken their toll. I am praying for God’s guidance in restoring and recapturing what has been lost and damaged. I want to be a good dad.

So what kind of Dad am I? I am one who loves his children and wants the best for them. I am one who is proud of his sons. I am one who wants their lives to center around Jesus Christ. I am one who wants to spend time with his sons. I am one who thinks his sons can accomplish anything.

No comments: