Friday, July 09, 2010

Thoughts on "The Decision"

The LeBron James spectacle is nowhere near over. Dan Patrick said on his radio show yesterday that the American culture created the atmosphere for such arrogance and selfishness. The loss of Christian values across the landscape of America is evident. “I’m going to take my talents…” Who does LeBron think he is? Who snickered with approval when he practiced that line?

I’m not a fan of the NBA so I’ve not seen him play very much and I won’t tune in any more often because of this. Some might say that I have no dog in this hunt because of that. But the greater loss or gain is not about basketball but about what is acceptable human behavior.

No doubt about it, LeBron can and should make his own decision. But narcissism has received another grand endorsement. Like we needed that.

Now here’s a better decision: accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord and yielding to his Spirit to guide all you do.

No comments: