Friday, August 06, 2010

The last week or so has been a span of hot, hot days. Temps reached 100+ and humidity was off the scale. But a front passed through yesterday and immediately the temperature and humidity were much lower. I think we all praised the Lord for the relief.

The transition between the hot weather and the cooler weather was accompanied by a storm. As the comforting air collides with the stifling air, a storm brews. The comforting air always wins.

Seems like this is the way our troubles are, too. At least my storms always seem to be the transition from turmoil to calm. The most difficult times in my life have been when I realized I needed to be closer to the Lord. God has always waited patiently for me and Satan has always put obstacles in the way. The result: epic storms.

Some people are afraid of storms. I understand that, but don’t be afraid of the storms that usher in the peace of God. Change is uncomfortable but what God’s Spirit will change you into is worth it.

No comments: