Friday, August 13, 2010

Memphis Pastors Conference

I like good preaching. I like good teaching. We got some of both at the Pastors Conference hosted by Steve Gaines a Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis. I wish the part on apologetics would have drilled down a little deeper. We heard the Why is Apologetics Needed? and the What is Apologetics? but I sure could use a little help with the How do You do Apologetics? Guess I’ll have to add some books to my reading list.

The best part of the day was the fellowship with other pastors. Twenty-one guys from Pulaski Baptist Association and 11 from Faulkner Baptist Association road together on a bus provided by Geyer Springs First Baptist Church. That was a lot of fun. Every time we get together you can count on some clowning around, some deep discussions, and world-problem solving.

Thanks to Danny, Larry, Doug, and Jeff for making this possible.

No comments: