Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Something New

In the mid-80's a Southern Gospel group called The Singing Americans were on top of the charts. Every singer in the group were or would be greats in their field. They recorded a live album on which they revived the old gospel standard "I Bowed On My Knees And Cried Holy." It was number one for several months and Song of the Year.

Another song on the album was called "Something New." It talked about how walking down the streets of gold and all that Heaven has to offer will be something new. It was a pretty good song.

I have something new. I've had the flu, tonsilitis, a tibial plateau fracture, general aches and pains. But never have I had pneumonia until now. Last week the doctor said I had "mini flu." He was careful to say there was nothing "mini" about it except the name. I believe him. That was tough. But I didn't get better...worse, in fact. It's not that the doctor misdiagnosed me; I just got worse.

I went back today. Bloodwork, XRays, vital stats. Oh, by the way, my weight was down from last Monday and my blood pressure was 120/80!

I get to stay home a few more days while the new high-powered medicines do their thing.

If I had to have something new I would have preferred a Chevy Extended Cab pickup.

No comments: