Friday, October 15, 2010

Back and Forth

This has been a roller coaster kind of week, but without the fun! A couple of key circumstances presented themselves over the last few months and I’ve been swaying back and forth trying to make a decision. Caught in the middle of all this is my doctoral studies.

I am writing a Final Project Prosposal to submit to my faculty advisor and the ProDoc committee for approval. Once approved, I can implement my project, write the Project Report, take the project interview, and graduate. I’ve been on this road for a long time and want to finish well.

Timing seems to be the issue placed on the table by circumstances. I must get most of my doctoral work completed within the next 5-6 months or wait almost 2 years.

I’m not sure why that frustrates me. I always procrastinate then complete my work under short deadlines. But in this situation, I’m not in control of the time table. I guess that’s what bothers me.

Wednesday, I decided to put the doctoral project on hold. Thursday, I decided to pick it up again. Counsel from godly people but a difference of opinion. So, like Steve Lemke told the doctoral workshop last month: “You da man!” I must make the decision. I am going forward with the doctoral project with the goal of completing the implementation step of the project by the end of February 2011. Then I’ll have until September 15 to write the Project Report. I’ll graduate with a Doctor of Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in December 2011.

No comments: