Sunday, October 10, 2010

Connecting with Your Children

Riley and I love baseball and watch games whenever we can find one on TV. When I left to come to the office this afternoon Riley was watching the playoff game between the Texas Rangers and the Tampa Bay Rays. We are rooting for the Rangers.

Riley has come up with a cheer for one for the Rangers players. His last name is Cruz and Riley has been chanting “Cruz around the bases. Cruz around the bases.” I told him that would be a great homerun cheer.

The phone rang a few minutes ago. I answered and immediately heard, “Cruz around the bases. Cruz around the bases.” I knew he had hit a homerun. I asked what the score was, Riley told me, and we hung up. Short but special conversation.

You need a way to stay connected with your kids. What do you use?

No comments: