Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Playoffs

I love baseball. I get excited when pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training. I listen for news from training camp about the Cincinnati Reds. I look forward to Opening Day. Sunday Night Baseball with Jon Miller & Joe Morgan is about as good as it can get. And MLB Network is the bomb!

So now we are a day away from the Playoffs. The Reds go to Philadelphia for a divisional series with the Phillies. The gurus on the sports networks aren’t giving them much of a chance against the defending National League Champions. But I think they will do it and move on the face either the Giants or the Braves for the NL Pennant.

By the end of October we should know who wins the World Series. My prediction: Reds over Rangers in 6. That’s wishful thinking but let’s see how it plays out.

It’s a long season. 162 games in regular season and as many as 19 more to win the Series. Sometimes (almost this year) a tie-breaker game must be played to determine who gets the last playoff spot. About April 1 until October 31 is baseball season. Winter is my favorite season but it would be even better if there was baseball!

Life is long, too. We aren’t promised anything except that life will be full of choices, obstacles, opportunities. How we face each will determine much of what happens next. Sometimes the years seem to fly by and at other times it seems the day will never end. Is anything constant in life? Yes, only one thing: Jesus Christ.

Jesus loves you, died for you to pay your sin debt, lives again defeating death for you, offers forgiveness and hope, and will return one day for you if you commit your life to him. I did this on the first Thursday of August 1972. That was 38 years ago. Each day, the Lord works on me, in me, and through me to make a difference in my life and in others’. He wants to do that for you, too. Click here to find out how you can commit your life to him.

No comments: