Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Excuses and Obstacles

It rains on the just and the unjust. And sometimes it doesn't. A group from our church has been walking and running every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday since the first of the year. We've never been rained out. It may rain later in the day. Sometimes it had been raining earlier in the night. But not at 5:00 A.M.

I guess God wants us to exercise so he's taking that excuse away.

I suppose God clears the way for his children to do a lot of good things. The obstacles I see when given an opportunity to help someone in need are just excuses of my own making. Maybe Satan helps a little. But where God gives opportunity, he clears the way and protects the path.

I've not always shared my faith in Christ when I knew I should. Again, the excuses were mine. Sure, God knows when I should keep quiet but if I'm sure I should speak up, then I should speak up and trust God to clear the way and protect the path. And the messenger.

As you go through the day, look for opportunities to share the love of Jesus with someone through word and deed. And trust God to take care of the obstacles. Let today be a "No Excuse" day.

No comments: