Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

To my knowledge, I don't have a family member who gave his life defending our country. My grandfather served in the Pacific during WWII. I never heard any stories. I have friends from school, church, and work that have served.

Respect. The hardship they endured (and their families) is beyond what I can imagine. The separation from family. The uncertainty of tomorrow. The enemy taking aim. And much more, I'm sure.

Memorial Day is traditionally a time to remember and honor those who gave their lives defending the country. I thank them because of the freedom they secured and maintained. Especially the religious freedom.

And I want to thank our veterans and current service members.

Their sacrifice and commitment are worthy of our attention everyday, not just a weekend.

No comments: