Thursday, January 19, 2012

JAX Pastors Conference

I've been waiting for a long time. The Jacksonville Pastors Conference is next week. Every year I get the promotional piece in the mail and tell myself that this is the year I'm going. It's just never worked out. Either I didn't have the money or the time. But this year, I'm going! And I'm pretty excited about it. Can you tell?

The church members of First Baptist in Jacksonville, Florida offer their spare bedrooms to guys like me to help reduce the travel expenses. I will be staying with Allen and Pat Pearce. We've emailed back and forth several time and they sound like a delightful, godly couple. Not only have the Pearces offered a comfortable place to stay but they will also pick me up at the airport. That's good hospitality. Pray that I'm a good houseguest!

So the Lord is working through the church in Jacksonville, Florida to help this preacher from Little Rock, Arkansas have a time of rest, study, worship, and encouragement. I am thankful for the excellence in stewardship.

Now I have to think of a nice gift of appreciation to give the Pearces. And I need to think of ways my church and I can impact and influence people for the cause of Christ through hospitality.

No comments: